detail phobia
p***@gmail.com
2005-10-15 14:12:13 UTC
Is there a Phobia of details?
I think when then are new specifics, details, particulars - whatever
you want to call it - that I will confuse them or not be able to get
them.
��If something has one step and that's it, I can do it, but if it has
many steps, even if all easy, I feel it will never work out.
If there some sort of fear of specifics, or anything that fits in as a
phobia?
Mary
2005-10-16 03:15:50 UTC
<***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:***@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
Is there a Phobia of details?
I think when then are new specifics, details, particulars - whatever
you want to call it - that I will confuse them or not be able to get
them.
If something has one step and that's it, I can do it, but if it has
many steps, even if all easy, I feel it will never work out.
If there some sort of fear of specifics, or anything that fits in as a
phobia?

I have something like that. But have always had it as far back as I can
remember. I think in my case anyway, its having trouble concentrating on
more than one thing at a time. I am OK if I am told one or two details,
but if I have to remember them to repeat them to someone else, or to
learn something new, I have trouble remembering all the details I was
told. I am not good at multi tasking for that reason, but I am good at
tasks which require concentrating on one thing at a time.
I think with me its more of an annoyance than a phobia, but I've learned
to live with it most of the time. But it can hold you back when learning
new things.

Mary