visual cues to trigger panic
aph kumund
2005-03-29 22:11:16 UTC
hello, someone said that visual cues trigger his panic attacks. that seems
odd to me. it sounds like being epileptic. panic attacks aren't supposed to
be triggered by feelings and emotional traumas and thoughts of impending
doom and the such? for example, i sort of know when i 'prepare' myself for a
panic attack: when a thought of 'being enclosed in an option and can't have
any other choice' sort comes along, it produces an intense need to escape.
the fact that i want to escape the unpleasant situation and i can't exactly
at that minute, can trigger a panic attack. Generally i tend to be
excruciating judgemental to myself; that also helps depression, anxiety,
guilt, lack of determination and the such.
Queen B of My Hive
2005-03-30 13:21:21 UTC
I take medicine for anxiety attacks which lead to panic attacks. I
don't disagree
but I don't agree and it really doesn't matter to me what triggers panic
but I
have to deal with the anxiety and the
problem that triggered that to prevent
getting depressed .....

From what I know, just like depression,
epilepsy can be triggered by visual cues, mental cues, other people
induced cues,
the Stu Ped Asso that gets on the tail end
of my car and rides 4 feet behind me with his lights on for miles and
miles can cause me, if I let it, anxiety to panic and eventually
depression.

Sometimes we can choose how we want
to feel if we try. Sometimes it's like break
ing a bad habit.

Blessed be.