Oxazepam
John Cheever
2004-12-22 21:10:52 UTC
I've been on Oxazepam for 2 weeks and my GP doesn't want to give me anymore
and has suggested I wean myself off of them. The problem is my anxiety has
never been worse.

What can I do?
Scarlek
2005-01-02 14:41:50 UTC
You'll have to realise you don't need them, if you continue to worry about
comming off them then your anxiety will raise which is not what you want.

Best bet is to talk to your GP about your concerns, he/she may suggest a
lower dosage like 1 every two days to ween you off them - however, I found
that completely stopping worked best for me. You have to treat this one like
giving up smoking cold turkey, it's hard but not impossible. The worst bit
is thinking about it all the time... you absolutely have to do something to
keep your mind off it and if you feel like your still worrying about it then
do something else like go for a short run or something, clear your head.

All the best,

Tony.