Lexapro
Sue
2004-11-11 17:52:22 UTC
Hi. I have just been prescribed Lexapro, 10MG and was wondering if
anyone else is/has taken this and what there experience with it
is/was? I was taking Paxil but found it gave me heart palpatations.
Doc says next month he will up it another half a pill.
Thanks
Sue
Greg3920
2004-11-11 19:36:29 UTC
hi just to let you know different medications are going to work different ways
for different people. but i'm taking 30mg of lexapro and i've never had any
bad side effects. when i first started out with 10mg i had mild side effects
like a headache, trouble sleeping, a little light headiness, and drowsiness.
other than that, nothing major. and those side effects went away after a week
or two. it's helped my depression and has calmed my anxiety. but i've been on
it for about 5 months now. i've also had no sexual side effects like i have on
other medications like paxil and zoloft. for now it's been working fairly well
for me.
Sue
2004-11-12 16:04:24 UTC
Thanks for the info Greg. That helps to know. I was not fond of Paxill either.
Greg3920
2004-11-12 22:25:53 UTC
Post by Sue
Thanks for the info Greg. That helps to know. I was not fond of Paxill either.
no problem my friend. yeah paxil was a bad experience for me. i was coming
down to the last crumb when i tried weaning off that medication. I hope when I
eventually get off the Lexapro, I won't have to experience those withdrawels

But remember you can't just sit on your butt and expect for your life to be all
happy and dandy by taking a pill. You gotta get yourself out there and make
yourself productive. B/C the medicine is only half the answer. It's just been
a good lift for me.

I wish you the best of luck.

take care
Sue
2004-11-15 18:55:24 UTC
***@aol.com (Greg3920) wrote in message news:<***@mb-m13.aol.com>...

Very true Greg. I am out here working, etc., but it's hard to
relieve this when you really do not know what is causing it other than
people and fear. We will all keep at it and see how we do. I agree,
the Paxil was hard to come off of. It took a while to clear the
agitation symptom as well.
Thanks
Sue
Post by Sue
Thanks for the info Greg. That helps to know. I was not fond of
Paxill
Post by Sue
either.