Celexa?
TJ
2004-05-01 00:27:31 UTC
I was just prescribed Celexa 10mg to start while taking my .5 MG Xanax 3 X a
day. Anybody have bad reaction to Celexa?
Jmomof2boys
2004-05-02 23:57:59 UTC
that is a small dose of celexa you are taking, i really don't think you will
have any bad reaction to that at all. i was once on celexa and really had no
side effects from it at all i was up to 60 milligrams of it though and started
out with 20 good luck.
turtle
2004-06-17 01:42:53 UTC
My question is whether there is a regemin to get off celexa,with a
minimum of side effects? The therapy is working, now I want off the drugs

Will
out with 20 good luck.
turtle
2004-06-17 01:41:31 UTC
Ive been taking 20mg/day for 3 yrs. Its done the trick. I suffer
from social phobia and agorophobia. Ive been getting therapy for 6 months
and am now ready to get rid of the drugs.As for side effects that I
attribute to ti well..
Sleepy/dopey almost all the time
Sex isnt what it used to be,takes a lot longer which brings about
performance anxiety
memory seems foggy, even things that happen a few hours earlier
thats all I can remember now hehe

Will
Major Zoloft
2004-06-22 00:52:59 UTC
The recommended approach is to taper off over a period of a few weeks or
longer. Say 3/4 dose for a weeks, then 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8.

Consult a pdoc for his/her advice (but consider taking it with a grain
of salt).
John Doe
2004-09-21 02:32:37 UTC
I just started Celexa (20 mg) a week ago for severe depression and
PAD. I'm a vet of Paxil, Zoloft & Lexapro since '97, and I must say
the side effects from Celexa so far are the WORST. Pretty much the
classic symtpoms - increased anxiety, sweating, headache, nausea,
"fog", etc, etc. I'm willing to go 2 wks to see if it diminishes, but
I NEVER have experienced anything close to this before. W/O Xanax I'd
be a complete train wreck.
Brenda G. Kent
2004-10-12 19:23:04 UTC
I just started Celexa (20 mg) a week ago for severe depression and
PAD. I'm a vet of Paxil, Zoloft & Lexapro since '97, and I must say
the side effects from Celexa so far are the WORST. Pretty much the
classic symtpoms - increased anxiety, sweating, headache, nausea,
"fog", etc, etc. I'm willing to go 2 wks to see if it diminishes, but
I NEVER have experienced anything close to this before. W/O Xanax I'd
be a complete train wreck.

I guess everyone is different. Celexa is wonderful for me. Perhaps it is
just the switch over from one med to another that you are experiencing.

Blessings
Brenda
--
"For a person's a person

No matter how small"

-Dr. Suess
Brenda G. Kent
2004-07-03 18:34:57 UTC
I was just prescribed Celexa 10mg to start while taking my .5 MG Xanax 3 X
day. Anybody have bad reaction to Celexa?

None whatsoever.
Ability to reach orgasm takes less time now....but still is not perfect.
Sexual side effects are the worst things about most of these pills out
there.

Bren
turtle