Trauma Research Study
akolos1
2005-08-29 17:30:37 UTC
Hello!

My name is Amie Kolos, and I am a student at Towson University in
Towson,
MD. I am currently conducting research for an undergraduate research
project
on trauma and thoughts. Through this study, I will be learning about
how
people's thoughts are related to PTSD symptoms. This study has been
reviewed
and approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Towson
University.

I hope to recruit some participants to complete an online survey
containing
questions about traumatic experiences, posttraumatic thoughts, and PTSD

symptoms. Complete anonymity will be maintained in this survey and no
one
will be asked for any identifying information.

If you are interested in completing this survey, you may do so in one
of two
ways:
(1) cut the link below and paste it into your address box
(2) simply click on the link

You will immediately come to my survey, located at SurveyMonkey.com:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=110481279745

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact any of the
following
members involved with the project:

Principal Investigator...........................Amie Kolos:
***@towson.edu
267-918-2904
Research Advisor............................... Dr. Bethany Brand:
***@towson.edu
410-704-3067
Chairperson of IRB............................. Dr. Patricia Alt:
***@towson.edu
410-704-4221

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and please feel free
to pass
it along to those who may be interested in participating in my study.

Again, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Amie Kolos
Fiddlin'blues
2005-09-23 03:28:10 UTC
Amie,

I have suffered permanent damage from extreme and severe anxiety. I
cannot find or have not read any evidence that this is possible, yet it
has been 10 years and my condition remains the same. Symptoms were
very severe from this "breakdown" of mine, but I have adjusted and gone
on with my life. Still, I'd like to know more about what happened to
me, and perhaps you could help. Whether I am a good candidate for your
survey, well... I don't know....

-RC